[CaBSSem] CABS Seminar Friday Apr 5 3:30-5:00: Dr. Jodie Gawryluk (COR A228)

Clay Holroyd holroyd at uvic.ca
Tue Apr 2 08:47:58 PDT 2019

This Friday the Department of Psychology Cognition and Brain Sciences Program features a talk by Dr. Jodie Gawryluk (Psychology, UVic). Jodie's talk is titled: "Earlier Identification of Alzheimer’s Disease."

"There are currently an estimated 500,000 Canadians living with Alzheimer’s disease (AD), a neurodegenerative disorder that is characterized by memory impairment with possible disturbance of language, executive functions, visuospatial abilities and motor skills. Prevalence of AD is expected to increase dramatically with the aging population and the primary objective of emerging research is to identify pre-clinical biological markers. I will talk about some recent work in my lab that has focused on using magnetic resonance imaging based methods to investigate biomarkers for AD."

Seminar to be held on Friday Apr 5, 3:30-5:00, in COR A228 (the Reading Room; note the later starting time this semester). Everyone is welcome to attend. Arrive early to ensure a seat!

The seminar schedule can be found here:
http://www.uvic.ca/socialsciences/psychology/graduate/brain-sciences/cabssem/

Clay Holroyd
Seminar Coordinator​