[CaBSSem] CABS Seminar Friday Mar 8 3:30-5:00: Morgan Teskey (COR A228)

Clay Holroyd holroyd at uvic.ca
Tue Mar 5 09:13:20 PST 2019

This Friday the Department of Psychology Cognition and Brain Sciences Program features a talk by Morgan Teskey, from the Department of Psychology (UVic). Morgan's talk is titled: "Representations Automatically Evoked by a Depicted Hand."

"Previous research suggests that judging the laterality of a depicted hand generates limb-specific viusomotor codes.  We investigated the nature of representations evoked automatically by the image of a hand when hands were viewed as task-irrelevant primes, and laterality was not explicitly judged. Results from a series of Simon-like key-press experiments show correspondence between hand primes and the responding hand, which is modulated by the view from which the hand image was presented. I will discuss the implications of these findings for spatial and motor-based theories of hand representations."

Seminar to be held on Friday Mar 8, 3:30-5:00, in COR A228 (the Reading Room; note the later starting time this semester). Everyone is welcome to attend. Arrive early to ensure a seat!

The seminar schedule can be found here:
http://www.uvic.ca/socialsciences/psychology/graduate/brain-sciences/cabssem/

Clay Holroyd
Seminar Coordinator​