[CaBSSem] CABS Seminar Friday Jan 25 3:30-5:00: Theone Paterson (NEW LOCATION: COR A229)

Clay Holroyd holroyd at uvic.ca
Wed Jan 23 07:53:35 PST 2019

This Friday the Department of Psychology Cognition and Brain Sciences seminar features a talk by Dr. Theone Paterson from Toronto Western Hospital. Her talk is titled: "Aging and Chronic Illness Through a Neuropsychological Lens: From Laboratory to Practice." This is a job talk for a position in the Department of Psychology. PLEASE NOTE THE NEW LOCATION: COR A229.

"Neurocognitive and psychosocial functioning predict real-world health outcomes in aging and chronic illness populations, and an increased understanding of the relationships between these factors presents as an urgent public health necessity given our aging population. My research program has focused on the examination of neurocognitive and psychosocial variables to better understand real-world outcomes (e.g., medication adherence in chronic illness), with the aim of developing technologically enabled screening measures and interventions to better identify those at risk of difficulties with important daily activities and provide targeted interventions. I will present research examining relationships between neurocognitive and psychosocial factors and medication adherence as a specific case, as well as research examining the validity of a screening tool for detection of amnestic mild cognitive impairment (aMCI) in older adults. Future directions will be discussed, including development and refinement of measures to aid in prediction of real-world outcomes such as adherence and aMCI, as well as development of psychological and cognitively based intervention programs aimed at improving such outcomes."

Seminar to be held on Friday Jan 25, 3:30-5:00, in COR A229 (across the hall from our usual location). Everyone is welcome to attend.

The seminar schedule can be found here:
http://www.uvic.ca/socialsciences/psychology/graduate/brain-sciences/cabssem/

Clay Holroyd
Seminar Coordinator​