[CaBSSem] CaBSSem announcements for this week (Fallow) and next (Stuss)

Stephen Lindsay slindsay at uvic.ca
Mon Apr 28 15:44:25 PDT 2014

This Friday 2 May from 3pm in the Psychology Reading Room (Cornett A228) grad student Kaitlyn Fallow provides a round-up of her research on response bias in recognition memory.  All are welcome to this, the penultimate CaBSSem of the season (although we also anticipate a couple of summer cabssems).

A special reminder that next week's grand finale features Don Stuss, a world-renowned expert on the frontal lobes, presenting a very big-picture talk, "Lessons learned in Social Neuroscience: 35 years of Experience."  Please note that this talk is on Thursday (not Friday) 8 May from 3pm.   It is scheduled for the Reading Room but we will move across the hall if (as I expect) the room fills up.

If you would like to meet with Don Stuss earlier in the afternoon, please let me know and I will see if I can set something up.

Regards,

Steve

Donald T. Stuss, Ph.D., C. Psych., ABPP-CN, Order of Ontario, FRSC, FCAHS, is founding President and Scientific Director of the Ontario Brain Institute (2011 - ); University of Toronto Professor of Medicine (Neurology and Rehabilitation Science) and Psychology (1989 - ); Senior Scientist (currently adjunct) at the Rotman Research Institute of Baycrest Centre (1989 - ); founding Director of the Rotman Research Institute, from 1989 to 2008, Reva James Leeds Chair in Neuroscience and Research Leadership 2001-2009; interim Director and CEO of the Heart and Stroke Foundation Centre for Stroke Recovery 2008-2009.  Selected Honors: Fellow of CPA, APA (Divisions 3, 6, 20, 40), APS, American Heart and Stroke Association, AAAS; University of Toronto Faculty Award (2004); University Professor status (awarded to a maximum of 2% of the entire faculty), University of Toronto (2004); National Academy of Neuropsychology 2011 Lifetime Contributions to Neuropsychology Award; International Neuropsychological Society Lifetime Achievement Award (2013).  His personal research focuses on understanding and treating the cognitive functions and personality changes associated with the frontal lobes as they occur after stroke, normal elderly, and in those with traumatic brain injury or dementia.  He has published over 200 peer-reviewed manuscripts, 49 chapters, 1 co-authored and 4 edited books.  Total citation count >17,500.

D. Stephen Lindsay, Ph.D.
Professor
P.O. Box 1700 STN CSC
Victoria, B.C. V8W 2Y2