[CaBSSem] Experimental Linguistics poster session

Stephen Lindsay slindsay at uvic.ca
Tue Apr 8 11:52:32 PDT 2014

Hi. Prof. Sonya Bird of Linguistics asked me to share the following.

The Linguistics 486 poster session is tomorrow (Wednesday) 12-2pm in HHB 116.  This is a fourth-year research course in which students conduct their own original experimental research. There are a number of great projects this year in cognitive science (see attached list), including visual interference in vocal age judgments, Ganong Effect in L2 speakers, and audio-visual asynchrony in speech perception. Oh, and did I mention there will be FOOD? :)

Building intellectual community takes time/effort but delivers rich rewards.

Steve

D. Stephen Lindsay, Ph.D.
Professor
P.O. Box 1700 STN CSC