[CaBSSem] CaBSSem Friday 24 January from 3pm in Cornett A228: Ira Hyman on Ear Worms

Stephen Lindsay slindsay at uvic.ca
Mon Jan 20 14:00:20 PST 2014

This Friday 24 January from 3 to 4:20 in Cornett A228, my good friend (and NOWCAM co-founder) Ira Hyman is visiting from Western Washington University.  His talk title is "Going Gaga:  Investigating, Creating, and Manipulating the Song Stuck in My Head."  All are welcome to sing along.

Steve

BTW, faculty, it is not too early to suggest to your students that they orient toward presenting their research at NOrthWest Cognition And Memory, 15-17 May 2014.  This will be the 16th annual NOWCAM.  The keynote speaker is Prof. Larry Jacoby of Washington University, St. Louis.  We define "cognition and memory" quite broadly, and the conference typically includes a wide range of approaches, methods, and issues (from cellular to social and everything in between).  You are invited!  For details (including programs of past meetings) please visit  http://web.uvic.ca/~nowcam/

D. Stephen Lindsay, Ph.D.
Professor
P.O. Box 1700 STN CSC
Victoria, B.C. V8W 2Y2